Professor, Theater Arts
Lighting design, projection design and scenic design; theatrical, fringe, industrial and themed entertainment design; computer aided drafting, electronics and automated fixtures
Performing Arts Lighting and Scenic Design and Technology.
Education and Training:
1996 MFA, Theatrical Design, University of California, San Diego
1990 BA, Telecommunications/Drama, California State University, Fresno
1986-87 Study towards degree in Broadcast Communication Arts, California State University, San Francisco
- Scenic Design and Technology
- Lighting Design and Technology
- 2010 The History (and Mystery) of the Universe, Arena Stage, Washington, DC.; Le nozze di Figaro, Opera San Jose, San Jose, CA.; Boom, San Diego Rep, San Diego, CA.
- 2009 700 Sundays …Billy Crystal, Atlanta; The Kite Runner, Arizona Theater Company, Phoenix
2004 On Lighting with David Lee Cuthbert: Make Sure They Have Your Number, Entertainment Design, December 2004, Page 27
Honors and Awards:
2010 Bay Area Theater Critic’s Circle Award Nominations: Best Lighting Design of a Play: The Kite Runner, San Jose Rep
- 2009 Falstaff award: Best Scenic Design of a Shakespeare play -- national. As You Like It, San Jose Rep.
Projection and Media Designs for Performance
- 2010 Boom, San Diego Rep, San Diego
- 2009 The Kite Runner, Arizona Theater Company, Phoenix; The Kite Runner, Arizona Theater Company, Tucson; As You Like it, San Jose Rep, San Jose
- The Scene, Ensemble Theater Company, Santa Barbara; Putnam County Spelling Bee, San Jose Rep, San Jose; The Kite Runner, San Jose Rep, San Jose
Theater Arts Center; Building D; Room D203