NOTE: Theater Arts Academic Advising is working on a hybrid in-person/remote schedule.
Most advising questions are answered on this Advising page or in the
Theater Arts Undergraduate Handbook.
You may also email Academic Advisor, Moon Rinaldo, at:
and/or make a phone appointment through Navigate Slug Success.
Please click here for Art and Design, Games and Playable Media (AGPM) advising.
Welcome to UCSC Theater Arts
It's never too early to begin planning your degree path or to simply ask about our programs, classes or productions. If you're not familiar with our program, this 2-minute animated video gives a fun overview and introduction!
In-person appointments (in the department office, Theater Arts Center, J Building, Room J106 – directions and map here), as well as Zoom, and phone appointments, are available between 9:30 am and 2:00 pm, Monday–Friday. Zoom, and phone appointments are available between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm.
If you still have questions after using the resources below, please do not hesitate to contact Moon. She is available throughout the year to advise on degree declaration and course requirements, courses offerings, to help you define your academic goals, to create an academic plan to assure timely graduation, and to assist with other bureaucratic petitions, etc., as well as to guide you to other appropriate faculty and staff as needed.
CURRENT UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
• The UNDERGRADUATE HANDBOOK is here. This detailed guide to our undergraduate degrees will answer most of your questions!
• Make advising appointments through SLUG SUCCESS here (or use the Advising link in your MyUCSC portal).
• SAMPLE UNDERGRADUATE PLANNER SHEETS for four-year and transfer students, including Theater Arts major, Theater Arts minor and Dance minor plans as well as requirement checklists: Click here to copy a set of planners into your Google Drive, then you may delete tabs in the document that do not apply to you.
• Declaration information can be found in the The Theater Arts Undergraduate Handbook here.
CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
• Please email Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS (graduate and undergraduate)
• UNDERGRADUATE program overviews and links can be found in our FAQs page and on our About the Department page. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
• GRADUATE program informtion can be found here. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Offerings in Theater Arts & Dance
• Course offerings sheets for general planning can be found here.
In addition to working with your department academic advisor, it is important to be in contact with faculty, who serve as mentors. Ladder rank faculty are here to help you with the direction of your work, and to give you ideas about possibilities after completing your B.A. Keep them informed of what you are doing and discuss your work and interests with them. When declaring the major a faculty adviser is assigned to you by the academic adviser. You should meet with this faculty advisor at least once per quarter, but you may and should meet with other faculty as well, as they can all be important and helpful resources for you. A faculty office hours sheet, updated each quarter, including phone numbers, office locations, and e-mail addresses, is available in the department office and in the hallway outside of the office.
• The most current faculty office hours and contact sheet, updated each quarter, including phone numbers, office locations, and email addresses, is available in the department office and in the hallway outside of the office, and in the faculty section on this page.
• Faculty bio and contact information is available here.
NOTE: When considering an internship, apprenticeship and job positions, as well as before applying to graduate school, it is highly recommended that you consult with at least one faculty advisor, preferably in a field related to the area(s) for which you are applying.
Please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions.
CURRENT MAJOR AND MINOR REQUIREMENTS in the UCSC General Catalog:
Requirements can be found here. You may also request an academic planning form filled out with a suggested plan; just send me an email or request an appointment to meet with me in person (Moon, email@example.com).
CURRENT THEATER ARTS COURSE DESCRIPTIONS in the UCSC General Catalog:
Course descriptions can be found here. Note that NOT all courses are offered every year; only the current Schedule of Classes will list currently scheduled courses, but departments may have a tentative Course Offerings listing for the upcoming academic year to help you plan).
IMPORTANT UNIVERSITY DATES & DEADLINES
University-wide dates and deadlines can be found here.
STATEMENT ON SOCIAL EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE
Please click here for the department's Statement of Diversity.
IMPORTANT CAMPUS HEALTH & SAFETY CONTACTS & OTHER RESOURCES
Please see a list of helpul campus resources in the Theater Arts Undergraduate handbook here.
Department audition information can be found here, updated as it becomes available.
STAY INFORMED — SIGN UP FOR THEATER ARTS NEWS!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your UCSC email address added to the Theater Arts Notes list to receive news and info about upcoming Theater Arts Department events, including department audition information, as well as occasional non-departmental announcements that may interest our students (the list is not shared with any other department or organization and non-Theater Arts majors and minors may unsubscribe at any time).