WINTER 2021 AUDITIONS
Winter 2021 Shakespeare to Go & Barnstorm Auditions
Winter 2021 Auditions for Shakespeare to Go (Faculty-Directed Production THEA 155) and Barnstorm productions (THEA 55A/B) are TBA (email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the department newsletter list for future updates).
Winter 2021 AATAT/Theater Arts Auditions
The Theater Arts Department and the African American Theater Arts Troupe (AATAT) are collaborating on the THEA 151A Theater Arts Faculty-Directed Production this winter:
The African American Theater Arts Troupe is seeking 8 black or ABC identifying females for a production of School Girls: Or, the African Mean Girls Play by Jocelyn Bioh and directed by Don Williams.
- Auditions will take place December 3rd from 3-5pm via Zoom.
- Please bring a 90 second monologue, story, or song to recite or read. No experience is required, the AATAT program is open to all experience levels.
- Zoom link for auditions can be found here, as well as on the CADRC website.
- Password: AATAT
AATAT is also a 5 unit class (THEA 151A) that fulfills the Ethnicity and Race (ER) general education requirement as well as the faculty directed requirement for the Theater Arts major (or an Upper Division Studio requirement for the Theater Arts minor).
Both tech and actors are needed. No experience required, you will be trained. If you are interested in tech, please also attend the auditions.
For more information please visit the CADRC website.
OTHER AUDITION INFORMATION:
RANDOM WITH A PURPOSE GENERAL INFO
Auditions for the annual student-choreographed, student-performed, student-produced dance showcase Random with a Purpose take place in FALL QUARTER (separate from General Auditions). Rehearsals and shows take place in winter quarter. Students who are accepted via audition in the fall enroll in THEA 139 in the WINTER quarter.
- Thea 139 fulfills an upper-division elective for the Dance Minor but not for the Theater Arts major or minor.
- Please email email@example.com with questions.
BARNSTORM GENERAL INFO
To inquire about auditioning or doing technical work for Barnstorm/Barn Theater productions, contact the Barn Theater Directors. More information about Barnstorm can be found here.
SHAKESPEARE TO GO GENERAL INFO
Information about the department's touring theater company, including basic audition information, can be found in the Undergraduate Handbook here.
AUDITION & INTERVIEW STUDIO COURSES
Production auditions are different from those required for admittance into our studio courses (courses which mention "audition" or "interview" in the course description).
- Please see the Audition/Interview Classes section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information.
FACULTY-DIRECTED PRODUCTION REQUIREMENT FOR THE MAJOR
One of the requirements for the major is participation in a Faculty-Directed Production (5-unit THEA 151, THEA 155, THEA 137).
- Please see the Faculty-Directed Production Requirement for the Major section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information on fulfilling this requirement as a performer, designer, stage manager or dramaturg. Please note that student-directed productions (THEA 45 courses and Barn Theater courses) do NOT fulfill this requirement.
The current performance season and ticketing information can be found here.