Spring 2020 auditions for faculty and student-directed plays have concluded. Fall 2020 auditions information will be posted here when available.
OTHER AUDITION INFORMATION:
RANDOM WITH A PURPOSE GENERAL INFO
Auditions for the annual student-choreographed, student-performed, student-produced dance showcase Random with a Purpose take place in FALL QUARTER (separate from General Auditions). Students who are accepted via audition in the fall enroll in THEA 139 in the WINTER quarter. (Thea 139 fulfills an upper-division elective for the Dance Minor but not for the Theater Arts major or minor.) Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
BARNSTORM GENERAL INFO
To inquire about auditioning or doing technical work for Barnstorm/Barn Theater productions, contact the Barn Theater Directors—https://ucscbarnstorm.weebly.com/contact.html.
- More information about Barnstorm can be found here: http://theater.ucsc.edu/production/barnstorm
SHAKESPEARE TO GO GENERAL INFO
- Information about the department's touring theater company, including basic audition information, can be found in the Undergraduate Handbook here.
AUDITION & INTERVIEW STUDIO COURSES
Production auditions are different from those required for admittance into our studio courses (courses which mention "audition" or "interview" in the course description).
- Please see the Audition/Interview Classes section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information.
FACULTY-DIRECTED PRODUCTION REQUIREMENT FOR THE MAJOR
One of the requirements for the major is participation in a Faculty-Directed Production (5-unit THEA 151, THEA 155, THEA 137).
- Please see the Faculty-Directed Production Requirement for the Major section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information on fulfilling this requirement as a performer, designer, stage manager or dramaturg. Please note that student-directed productions (THEA 45 courses and Barn Theater courses) do NOT fulfill this requirement.
- The current performance season and ticketing information can be found here.