FALL 2020 AUDITIONS (all online)
• Christmas Carol 2: Scrooge Fights Back, a rowdy Christmas comedy spoof directed by Prof. Danny Scheie. More info about the show here (you must be logged in with your UCSC Google account).
• Barnstorm Theater productions (learn about Barnstorm and the Barn Theater here!)
Requirements for Fall 2020 General Auditions:
• Record a one minute long monologue and submit it online with your resume through the Theater Arts Audition Form, which will be available on the Theater Arts Auditions page and open for submissions on September 28th.
• DEADLINE to submit (not negotiable): October 6, 6:00 p.m.
• Auditions will be self-taped.
• Please give yourself adequate time to tape, upload, and work through any technical difficulties.
• Christmas Carol 2 additional show info here (you must be logged in with your UCSC Google account).
• If you have questions or concerns about taping your audition, please reach out to the Student Production Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RANDOM WITH A PURPOSE AUDITIONS
Random with a Purpose (RWAP) is the department's annual student-choreographed, student-performed, student-produced dance showcase. The RWAP course number is THEA 139.
• Rehearsals and shows take place in winter quarter but auditions take place during fall quarter (separate from General Auditions).
• Please check back here for updates. Details TBA.
• Please email email@example.com with questions.
• THEA 139 fulfills an Upper Division Elective requirement for the Dance Minor but not for the Theater Arts major or minor.
OTHER AUDITION INFORMATION:
RANDOM WITH A PURPOSE GENERAL INFO
Auditions for the annual student-choreographed, student-performed, student-produced dance showcase Random with a Purpose take place in FALL QUARTER (separate from General Auditions). Students who are accepted via audition in the fall enroll in THEA 139 in the WINTER quarter. (Thea 139 fulfills an upper-division elective for the Dance Minor but not for the Theater Arts major or minor.) Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
BARNSTORM GENERAL INFO
To inquire about auditioning or doing technical work for Barnstorm/Barn Theater productions, contact the Barn Theater Directors. More information about Barnstorm can be found here.
SHAKESPEARE TO GO GENERAL INFO
Information about the department's touring theater company, including basic audition information, can be found in the Undergraduate Handbook here.
AUDITION & INTERVIEW STUDIO COURSES
Production auditions are different from those required for admittance into our studio courses (courses which mention "audition" or "interview" in the course description).
- Please see the Audition/Interview Classes section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information.
FACULTY-DIRECTED PRODUCTION REQUIREMENT FOR THE MAJOR
One of the requirements for the major is participation in a Faculty-Directed Production (5-unit THEA 151, THEA 155, THEA 137).
- Please see the Faculty-Directed Production Requirement for the Major section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information on fulfilling this requirement as a performer, designer, stage manager or dramaturg. Please note that student-directed productions (THEA 45 courses and Barn Theater courses) do NOT fulfill this requirement.
The current performance season and ticketing information can be found here.