General Auditions for Fall 2019 productions will take place at the beginning of fall quarter. Information will be posted here as it becomes available.
GENERAL AUDITIONS GENERAL INFO
General Auditions for the department’s faculty and/or student-directed productions are held the first week of each quarter. Occasionally, productions have separate auditions, or special requirements for auditions. Audition requirements, signup sheets and schedules are posted at the beginning of each quarter in the hallway outside the Green Room of the Theater Arts Center Mainstage (A building).
Check with the department for current information (if not posted on this page).
Standard General Audition Requirements*
—90 second monologue
—60 seconds of a movement piece
—30 second music piece (voice and/or instrument)
* Requirements may vary. Please also check the UCSC Theater Arts Events and Information Facebook page for additional information.
Current season and ticketing information is posted here, as available:
FACULTY-DIRECTED PRODUCTION REQUIREMENT FOR THE MAJOR
One of the requirements for the major is participation in a Faculty-Directed Production (5-unit THEA 151, THEA 155, THEA 137).
- Please see the Faculty-Directed Production Requirement for the Major section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information on fulfilling this requirement as a performer, designer or dramaturg.
AUDITION & INTERVIEW STUDIO COURSES
Production auditions are different from those required for admittance into our studio courses (courses which mention "audition" or "interview" in the course description).
- Please see the Audition/Interview Classes section of the Undergraduate Handbook for more information.
RANDOM WITH A PURPOSE GENERAL INFO
Auditions for the annual student-choreographed, student-performed, student-produced dance showcase Random with a Purpose take place in FALL QUARTER (separate from General Auditions). Students who are accepted via auditon in the fall enroll in THEA 139 in the winter quarter. (Thea 139 fulfills an upper division elective for the Dance Minor but not for the Theater Arts major or minor.) Please email email@example.com with questions.
BARNSTORM GENERAL INFO
To inquire about auditioning or doing technical work for Barnstorm/Barn Theater productions, contact the Barn Theater Directors—https://ucscbarnstorm.weebly.com/contact.html.
- More information about Barnstorm can be found here: http://theater.ucsc.edu/production/barnstorm
SHAKESPEARE TO GO GENERAL INFO
- Information about the department's touring theater company, including audition information, can be found in the Undergraduate Handbook here.
- Current performance season and ticketing information can be found here.